Do you know what a full cap wig is? How to wear a full cap wig? What types of full cap wigs are there and which one is the best for you? Let’s find out what is a full cap wig through our post.
I. Definition of a full cap wig
A full cap wig is a wig used to cover the entire head, the real hair and bring a completely new hairstyle. The full cap wig has an artificially made scalp that looks like the real thing. With 2D and 3D super scalpels, it will be difficult to recognize if it’s real hair or a wig.
A full cap wig is designed in the form of a hat, which is very popular because of its convenience, high aesthetics, and variety of designs for both men and women. Currently, full cap wigs made from real hair are favored because of their comfort. Moreover, it can be styled and dyed at will.
II. The difference between a full cap wig and a half cap wig
To distinguish between a full cap wig and a half cap wig, we need to pay attention to its structure:
- Full cap wigs have a texture that covers the entire head and creates a whole new hairstyle. This hairstyle is suitable for all user.
- Half cap wigs mostly cover only part of the head, which is bald or hair loss a lot. Half cap wig combined with real hair will bring a completely new hairstyle to the user.
III. Construction types of full cap wig
There are 4 construction types of full cap wigs that are basic wig caps, lace front wigs, monofilament wigs, and 100% hand-tied wigs. Below is an introduction, the pros and cons of each type of full cap wigs.
1. Construction types of full cap wig: Basic wig caps
To understand more about basic wig caps, let’s learn about the concept and its pros and cons.
- The concept of basic wig caps: A basic wig cap is made by hand or by machine by knitting a weft over a band of elastic material to give the appearance of natural hair growing in different directions. The weft will be hidden by the “permatease” technique.
Basic wig caps also have 4 other names: traditional weft cap, open weft cap, standard cap, and classic cap.
If you’re worried about overheating, this hat is for you. It is light and has good air circulation between the hairs.
- Pros and cons of basic wig caps
|Pros of basic wig caps||Cons of basic wig caps|
|– This is the cheapest full cap wig, which only costs from $75 to $150.|
– Because the wefts are sewn together, the basic wig cap can be used for a long time without loosening up.
– It does not cause heat and discomfort for users
– With the “primates” technique, a basic wig cap can be lifted and held on your head all day.
|– Because this is the cheapest option, the hair is not usually made of real human hair but synthetic fibers.|
– It is difficult to style with basic wig caps. Therefore, you should choose to buy the hairstyle that you love.
2. Construction types of full cap wig: Lace front wigs
To understand more about lace front wigs, let’s learn about the concept and its pros and cons.
- The definition of lace front wigs: Each hair is hand-tied into a lace material, allowing the hair to move naturally at the roots. This type of full cap wig tends to be more expensive than the basic wig cap because we need to add a lace front end and all this process is done by hand.
The “add lace front” feature keeps the scalp cool all day long. Lace front wig is suitable for women or men who have hair loss at the front hairline.
- Pros and cons of lace front wigs
|Pros of lace front wigs||Cons of lace front wigs|
|– It’s made by hand so it looks very natural.|
– Most lace front wigs are easy to wear and style.
|– The cap of lace front wigs is easily torn.|
– The cap of lace front wigs loosens for a short time.
– Lace front wig is more expensive than the basic wig cap, which is $150-$200
3. Construction types of full cap wig: Monofilament wigs
To understand more about monofilament wigs, let’s learn about the concept and its pros and cons.
- The definition of monofilament wigs: Equivalent to Lace front wigs, monofilament wigs use soft polyester or nylon mesh on the head and body to create the most natural look for the hair.
The cap of the monofilament wig is designed so that it looks like your hair is growing out from your scalp.
There are three types of monofilament wigs: Monofilament top (let you style in any area you like), monofilament part (let you style in a fixed area), monofilament crown (Lets your hair grow in the crown area). Monofilament wigs can be styled in all directions and are suitable for sensitive scalp.
- Pros and cons of monofilament wigs
|Pros of monofilament wigs||Cons of monofilament wigs|
|– It is easy to customize the position of the monofilament wig.|
– It does not cause irritation to the scalp.
– It makes the scalp look very natural.
|– Equivalent to its quality, monofilament wigs are quite expensive with the price of $200-$300.|
– Sheer monofilament material needs to be preserved.
4. Construction types of full cap wig: 100% hand-tied wigs
To understand more about 100% hand-tied wigs, let’s learn about the concept and its pros and cons.
- The definition of 100% hand-tied wigs: Each strand of hair is sewn onto the hat by using a hand knot technique, which allows the hair to move and style freely.
100% hand-tied wigs tend to be softer than other wigs as it has no seams or wefts. This wig is designed by skilled craftsmen to create a high-quality product.
- Pros and cons of 100% hand-tied wigs
|Pros of 100% hand-tied wigs||Cons of 100% hand-tied wigs|
|– It has the ability to move like natural hair.|
– The density of the wig is thinner, so this wig feels comfortable and breathable when wearing.
– It is 100% hand-tied so the strength of the hair is high, which is free to style.
|– Made by skilled craftsmen, it has a very high price of about $300-$500.|
– It takes about 40 hours to finish a 100% hand-tied wig.
IV. Steps to wear a full cap wig
Step 1: Use a hood to cover your real hair
You comb your hair neatly and then tie it up. If your hair is long, you can divide your hair into 2 sides and bun into a small bun rolled behind your head. You can use pins to make your hair neater.
Use a hood to keep cool if desired. You stretch the mesh cap in order to cover up over your head, adjust both the hat and the hair inside so that the hat covers all the real hair.
Step 2: Wear a full cap wig
First, you should open the entire clip on the cap wig.
Then you place the wig on your head, keep your finger between the center of the wig and the top of the head.
Bring the wig over your head and then put it down, fix your fingers on your forehead and then gently pull the hair at the top back.
Finally, you have to edit the wig so that it is close and fit to the hairline, and then fix it with pins. Learn to wear other types of hair wigs and extensions in our post of applying hair extensions tutorial.
V. Suggestions to choose a beautiful full cap wig
Below are 3 suggestions to choose a full cap wig.
- Choose a full cap wig that fits your head: The fit of the full cap wig greatly affects the overall hairstyle and face of the user. If you choose a wig that is too loose, it will easily lose the shape of your hair. If it is too tight, it will cause discomfort and pain if used for a long time.
- Choose a full cap wig that suits your face and style: Choosing the right full cap wig for the face to highlight the beautiful lines and hide the defects such as high forehead, square face, round face … helps the appearance become more attractive. For example, if you have a round face, you should choose a beautiful female wig with a slanted bang to help cover part of the face to make it slimmer.
- Choose a full cap wig with suitable color: You should choose a full cap wig with a color that matches your skin tone, age, and style. If your skin is dark, choose a neutral hair color to help harmonize your face. It is easier for people with fair skin to choose hair color, but do not choose excessive black because it will look fake and rough. For middle-aged women, you should choose light and dark colors to enhance elegance and luxury.
VI. How to preserve a full cap wig
Below are the tips and notes to help preserve a full cap wig better.
1. Clean your hair after using a full cap wig
During use, your full cap wig is exposed to the wind and the sun, so it is easy to tangle. Therefore, after each use, the wig needs to be carefully combed and fully sprayed.
Notes to know when washing wigs:
- Only soak with shampoo and conditioner and dilute water for about 5-10 minutes.
- Do not rub your hair.
- After soaking your hair, gently absorb the water with a towel, do not wring or rub your hair because it is easy to tangle and lose the style.
- After washing the full cap wig, it should be left to dry naturally.
- When the hair is almost dry, use a specialized comb to comb and spray the hair, then let it dry completely and roll it up in a bag for storage if not used immediately.
- You should wash your full cap wig about 1-2 times a week if used daily.
You can also recommend our post of the correct way to store vietnamese virgin hair to know more.
2. Notes in the process of using a full cap wig
You should pay attention to how to preserve the full cap wig while using it by wearing a hat to cover the wig while moving on the street. Do not expose the full cap wig to wind, rain or sunlight. This makes the wig very quickly damaged.
Read more: Best styles – colored remy hair extensions
VII. 5S Hair Factory: A reliable vendor of a full cap wig in Vietnam
5S Hair Factory is a reputable wig factory in both Vietnam and foreign markets, especially the African market. It is headquartered in Bac Ninh, with a development history of more than 30 years. Its products are mainly virgin hair wigs.
For more information about products and prices, please contact via WhatsApp.
online: MS Lily: +84855555754
Discover more about the world of hair extensions: hair24hours.com