Tape In Hair Extensions For Short Hair: A Wonderful Solution
Clip in hair extensions tutorial for beginners
Clip in hair extensions is very familiar with hair extensions lovers all over the world. However, not many people know how to use clip in hair extensions the right way. Today, let’s discover everything you need to know through our clip in hair extensions tutorial.
I. Everything you need to know about clip in hair extensions tutorial
Before digging into the detailed clip in hair extensions tutorial, let’s get into knowing more about the definition of clip in hair extensions and why many people prefer clip in hair extensions.
1.1. What is clip in hair extensions
Clip in means attached to something by small clips, as so, clip in hair extensions attach to your hair by small sensitive (means they are safe and gentle to your hair) clips. Clip in hair extensions is very easy to install and remove by yourself.
It is one of the most popular types of hair extensions, and it can attach well to your original hair, creating the perfect hair look without damaging your natural hair.
In this post, we will guide you with the clip in hair extensions tutorial so that you know how to apply it for the best result.
1.2. Why many people use clip in hair extensions
Let’s find out the reasons why so many people choose clip in hair extensions.
- They come with various styles, volume and length: Because the clips are quite strong and durable, clip in hair extensions can come with many styles, volume and length. You have a wider range of options to choose from.
- They are easy to apply: Clip in hair extensions are easy to apply. You don’t have to use a hot tool or glue to attach it to your hair. The clips do it all for you, the only thing you need to do is clip the hair extensions into the section that you want to apply hair extensions. It feels very comfortable as well.
- They don’t cause any harm to your hair: Even some people think the clips will properly damage the original hair, but it is actually completely safe and causes no damage to the natural hair. As I’ve mentioned above, clip in hair extensions have small sensitive clips that are designed for your hair, so you don’t have to worry when wearing it.
- They are easy to wash and preserve: Clip in hair extensions are different from tape in hair extensions as they are very easy to wash. With tape in hair extensions, you have to be careful to not let the water stick into the tape. With clip in hair extensions, you can wash without worrying about anything. They are easy to preserve as well, read the clip in hair extensions tutorial below to find out the proper way to preserve clip in hair extensions.
These benefits of wearing clip in hair extensions have made it become one of the best beauty items. So, you’ve just learned about the general knowledge of clip in hair extensions, the next thing to do is go through our clip in hair extensions tutorial below to buy and wear clip in hair extensions like a pro.
II. Clip in hair extensions tutorial steps by steps
Applying hair extensions is easy to follow, and so do apply clip in hair extensions, you can do it by yourself at home.
2.1. Clip in hair extensions tutorial on what to do before applying
Before applying the clip in hair extensions, there are a few things that you need to do and prepare first:
- Make sure your hair extension is clean: You wouldn’t want to apply dirty hair extensions. It is best to wash it with dry shampoo or with water and wait for it to completely dry out before using them.
- Brush it carefully to remove any hairball and tangle: This is very important, after you’ve washed the clip in hair extensions, the next thing to do is brush it carefully to remove hairball and tangle.
- Apply hair oil and serum: Some people do this after they have applied the clip in hair extensions on the head, this can cause the clips to loosen and fall out. The best moment to do this is before applying them. By doing this, you feed the hair with enough moisture and nutrition throughout the day, as well as establish a protective cover to help the hair maintain its quality in the process of wearing.
- Brush your own hair: Your own hair needs to be brushed too to get rid of any tangle and hairball.
When you have completed these steps, it is time for clip in hair extensions tutorial on how to apply the clip in hair extensions for a stunning result.
See more: How to care for straight hair
2.2. Applying clip in hair extensions tutorial
Applying clip in hair extensions is easy to follow, but if you are not paying attention to the basic rules, you might find it hard to apply. Read the steps carefully and take action, we believe you will become professional soon enough.
2.2.1. Steps by steps in applying clip in hair extensions tutorial
We have asked clip in hair extensions users all over the world to find out the ultimate applying clip in hair extensions tutorial. Here are the steps of placing clip in hair extensions for the best look.
Step 1 in clip in hair extensions tutorial: Apply the 3 clip weft in
Section your hair on top and secure with the hair clips. Then measure the weft to your head to make sure the size fits correctly into the sectioned hair. Clip in the middle clip to the root of the hair at the centre of your head.
To avoid the clips sliding away down, you can pull them away from your scalp to establish a more secure base. Once you are done with the middle, clip in the right and the left clips. This same procedure will apply in every weft.
Step 2 in clip in hair extensions tutorial: Apply the smaller 4 clip weft
Let a straight thin part of hair down (about an inch) to cover the first layer of welf. Then clip the rest up back to your head. Again, take the two middle clips and clip in the centre of your head, and then clip in the side clips. Slightly pulling the weft to the sides to ensure that there are no bumps.
Step 3 in clip in hair extensions tutorial: Apply the larger 4 clip weft
Then, take a straight thin part of hair down (about an inch) to cover the second layer of weft, and put back the rest by a hair clip. At the widest part of your head, start clipping in the two middle clips, then continue with the side clips like the previous steps.
Step 4 in clip in hair extensions tutorial: Apply the second 3 clip weft
Again, take a straight thin section of hair down (about two inches) to cover the third layer, and clip back the rest above the top of your head. Then, clip in the two middle clips, and the side clips. The large wefts are now applied, next up is the 2 small wefts on both sides of your head.
Step 5 in clip in hair extensions tutorial: Apply the 2 side clip wefts
These clip wefts will add more volume to the sides of your hair to mix perfectly with the rest of the hair.
Section a straight thin part of the hair (about two inches) down, and clip the rest of the hair on top. Secure the 2 clips weft into the closest hairline first, and repeat on another side.
Step 6 in clip in hair extensions tutorial: Apply the final 1 clip weft
Section a part of the hair above the 2 clip weft, clip the rest of the hair up. Apply the 1 clip weft into a small part of the hair that is the closest to the roots, you can apply it above the 2 clip weft or somewhere else, anywhere that you want to blend more.
Repeat this process on another side of your head.
After you’ve done, brush the hair and check in the mirror to make sure all the wefts are unseen.
These are all the steps in applying clip in hair extensions tutorial. Make sure to follow these steps to create a seamless outlook.
2.2.2. Clip in hair extensions tutorial tips
Here are some additional tips to help your hair looks better:
- Use the single clip pieces where you might feel the need to fill and blend out your layers
- Try not to apply each pieces too close to the hairline
- For a more layered effect, apply the 2 & 1 clip pieces on a slight angle to create shape around the face
Now you are ready to conquer the world with the perfect hair with the tips and the clip in hair extensions tutorial.
2.2.3. Common mistakes when applying clip in hair extensions
There are many issues that can happen during the application process.
- Not brush your own hair and the clip in hair extensions before putting in: It will be difficult to apply if your hair contains hairball and tangle, so make sure to wash and brush both your own hair and the hair extensions before applying.
- Placing the clip weft in bad orders: Remember, always put in the 2 middle clips first, then continue with the side clips.
- Not measuring the size of the clips before applying: You need to carefully measure the sizes of the clip in hair extensions to fit perfectly with your head and also to come out with an even length.
- Applying too many clips: It is essential to understand that each hair has different ways of applying. Remember to check the outlook throughout the process to make sure everything is in the right place with even volume and length.
Make sure you are aware of these mistakes before beginning to put in the clip in hair extensions for the best outcome.
2.3. What to do after removing clip in hair extensions tutorial
After removing your clip in hair extensions, there are a few thing that you need to do to keep the hair extensions last longer and maintain its best quality:
- Wash clip in hair extensions: Wash it with dry shampoo or water to clean the hair after using it to remove bacterias, dust, and provide moisture. We recommend you use hair products that are 100% natural and contain strong moisturising factors.
- Use hair oils and serums to nurture the hair extensions: Using hair oils, serums or hair masks to add more moisture, nutrition and protect the scalp.
- Storing the hair extensions properly: Put the hair in a clean storage box with towel base, or a hair extensions bag until the next use. Read our post of how to store hair extensions to know better.
With our clip in hair extensions tutorial, we hope that you can achieve the best hair outlook. Send us your own opinion about the clip in hair extensions tutorial below and if you follow our clip in hair extensions tutorial, please leave a feedback!
Read more about hair extensions: hair24hours.com